(updated 04/16/2021) This post provides FBI links to Capitol Violence with recently added photos, breakdown of arrests thus far, and how to report individuals you recognize. Arrests from the Jan 6th Capitol Siege include three Utah residents, one of which is from nearby St. George, Utah. Kanab residents used social media to report three area men who attended the capitol insurrection. KURW found no public FB connections with Brady Knowlton, the arrest from St. George, and those on KURW Hatewatch.
FBI Releases More Images of Capitol Insurrection and Asks for Your Help Identifying Individuals
View images here: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence
From FBI HOW TO REPORT: You can call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) to verbally report tips and/or information related to this investigation, or submit at tip online at tips.fbi.gov.
- Kanab already reported Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise (report if you haven’t)
- Use Hatewatch to help identify: Hatewatch. New & Improved
Follow the arrests here
https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965472049/the-capitol-siege-the-arrested-and-their-stories. This database stays up-to-date, marks new arrests with red notice box and is searchable by state, keywords and/or characteristic :
This image is the search by category (military/LE) with 55 results as of 03/30/21)
This image is a search by state (Utah) with 3 results, one new as of 04/16/2021
Summary of cases from Capitol Insurrection January 6th, 2021
- 400 criminal cases including bulk of cases as federal criminal charges and significant federal felony charges with 5-20 year incarceration penalty
- 85% both inside and outside that breached the Capitol, trespassed
- 100 charged with assault on 139 federal officers and local officers
- 10% conspiracy charges: militia groups like the Oath Keepers, Three Percenters, Proud Boys
- 100 arrested before inauguration, Jan 20th, to deter further action. The first 100 were the “Internet stars/low hanging fruit” who posted their own photos
- Now focusing on conspiracy charges of interaction/coordination with and among militia groups “Take Back the House” “Stop the Steal” “Show of force in DC” going back to December 2020.
- Most serious charge is obstruction, 20 years: obstructing the count of electoral votes
- Potential murder charges if chemical in bear spray used by Julian Elie Khater, 32, of Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39 of West Virginia, are shown to be the direct cause of CPO Brian Sicknick’s death
- Sedition: oppose by force the authority of US or by force hinders/delays execution of US law.
- Two plots derailed
- Lonnie Coffman, 70, Alabama: 11 molotov cocktails w/ styrofoam bits which act as napalm when stuck to skin and ammunition in vehicle
- Pipe Bombs: $100,000 reward for information. These were real explosives which were not armed properly https://www.wjbf.com/news/u-s-world-news/washington-d-c-pipe-bomb-suspect-wanted-100000-reward-offered/
Watch the interview on 60 minutes for source of above info: https://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/
What to expect from the three groups of the far-right:
” White supremacy groups are most likely to commit mass casualty attacks against civilians, the intelligence agencies said. “
“Militia-like organizations ,are more focused on targeting law enforcement and other government personnel and their facilities.” For example in Kanab: People’s Rights Bundy Recruits Kanab then his PRM Assaults Officer in Idaho. Kudos Kane County Office of Terrorism
“Lone offenders pose the most significant challenges to tracking and disrupting their plans, the report summary said. That’s because of their “capacity for independent radicalization to violence, ability to mobilize discretely, and access to firearms.” For example in Kanab: Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise