(updated 09/18/2022) This post provides FBI links & Sedition Hunter/Tracker sources to Capitol Violence with recently added photos, breakdown of arrests thus far, and how to report individuals you recognize.
As of 09/15/2021, the arrests from the Jan 6th Capitol Siege include ten Utah residents, two from nearby Hildale (Short Creek) and St. George, Utah. Kanab residents used social media to report FOUR KANE COUNTY residents and family who went to DC to Stop-the-Steal and fight for Trump with praise from local law enforcement. See KURW post Insurrectionists from Kanab Area
KURW found no PUBLIC FB connections between those arrested and those on KURW Hatewatch.
FBI Releases More Images of Capitol Insurrection and Asks for Your Help Identifying Individuals
- Sedition Hunters at https://seditionhunters.org/. They post updated collages on Twitter which make it easy to follow who still needs to be identifed
From FBI HOW TO REPORT: You can call 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324) to verbally report tips and/or information related to this investigation, or submit at tip online at tips.fbi.gov.
- Kanab already reported Insurrectionists from Kanab Area (report if you haven’t)
- Use Hatewatch to help identify people in FBI photos & videos: Hatewatch. New & Improved
Follow the arrests
- Sedition Trackers https://seditiontracker.com/suspects/by_status:
- 871 criminal cases with these results:
- 258 Sentenced
- 414 Convicted
- 1 Acquitted, 1 Dismissed, 5 Deceased
2. NPR: https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/965472049/the-capitol-siege-the-arrested-and-their-stories. This database stays up-to-date, marks new arrests with red notice box and is searchable by state, keywords and/or characteristic. For example, the screenshot below is a search for “Military/Law Enforcement Ties” yielding 128 results on 09/18/2022.
What to expect from the three groups of the far-right:
” White supremacy groups are most likely to commit mass casualty attacks against civilians, the intelligence agencies said. “
“Militia-like organizations ,are more focused on targeting law enforcement and other government personnel and their facilities.” For example in Kanab: Ammon Bundy’s People’s Rights Network. See KURW Post following his 04/2021 Conference at Kanab Center: Bundy Recruits Kanab then his PRM Assaults Officer in Idaho. Kudos Kane County Office of Terrorism
“Lone offenders pose the most significant challenges to tracking and disrupting their plans, the report summary said. That’s because of their “capacity for independent radicalization to violence, ability to mobilize discretely, and access to firearms.” For example in Kanab: Insurrectionists from Kanab Area and the platforms used for radicalizing Understanding Social Media in Kanab: Groups, Pages & Individuals and “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Facebook Extremists
3. Watch detailed broadcasts from 60 Minutes with “Capitol Riot” search
For corrections email email@example.com