This is an updated (12/02/2022) and re-published (09/2021) post from March which exposes the growing social media contribution to radicalizing extremists by Kanab FB Individuals on their personal pages, Kanab FB groups, and Kanab FB pages.
Learn how to recognize social media activity of concern, those being radicalized, and WHAT TO DO about all of it.
Sections in this post, 7:
- How to remove hate from social media
- Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave
- FB pages & individuals radicalizing and being radicalized
- How to spot pages/individuals attempting to radicalize
- How to spot individuals being radicalized
- Typical actions of each of the far-right groups/types
- How to report domestic threats
Remove Hate from Social Media (1 of 7)
Organizations like Center for Countering Digital Hate (https://www.counterhate.com/) work at the international level across multiple platforms. You can act locally by reporting hate and false information every time you see it on a platform. For FB, it is as simple as
- click on the three dots at the top right corner of post
- choose find support or report post and follow the steps
- report multiple reasons for complex content, for example: False information–health and Hate speech–gender identity.
If FB takes no action, you will receive a message explaining why. If FB agrees with you then the post is either removed (left) or gets labeled with warning violation (right)
To report valid threats of terrorism, scroll to section 7 of this blog “DHS instructions for reporting violent threats, including online activity”
FB Group: Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave (2 of 7)
The administrators, Katie Lambson-Hansen & Erah “Danielle” Johnson Smith, are on Hatewatch by KURW because this platform is used to spread disinformation, divisiveness, extremism, conspiracy, and bigotry. When the page was exposed as a platform, they reacted with denial, retaliation and doubled support of the hate that they protect. In the collage below they state that intolerance, racism & bashing is not condoned nor protected, then proceed to bash people (“obsessive psycho” and “sheeple”) and condone hate (truly good people, stay strong” and “slander lawsuit, people I love on that list”) and protect hate by telling the people reporting it to leave the page & stop fueling the fire and by changing the page from public to private group.
Danielle Smith even celebrates their classification by KURW as a platform of hate
Who are they platforming?
- Red Level Neighbors. These are people listed on Hatewatch by KURW that are designated Red Level due to the breadth and depth of the extremism & bigotry they publicly post. They include Kenneth Guinn, Crystal Mognett, Robert Brissette, Casey Franklin, Kym Cloughesy, Jeff Schwilk & Tana Kou. Grace Ann Christian is Lois Corson, Kanab Beamer & Kanab Val are James and Valerie Bermant, Harriet Perkins, Steve Sanders & Nataly Bistline
- Kanab Patriots. The founders, Tana Kou & Jeff Schwilk, and their members frequently use Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave to broaden their audience, recruit and radicalize. Schwik & Kou moved to Kanab in 2018 from California. While in California, Schwilk led the San Diego Minutemen, founded San Diegans for Secure Borders and his home was raided by the FBI following a violent attack on a migrant camp. Kou describes herself as a conservative activists including NoBama, Build the Wall & Back the Blue. In 2022, Kane County Commissioner Calls Kanab Patriots a Hate Group, But They Are Not the Fringe. Their followers that use KFRR include Steve Sanders, Kenneth Guinn, Crystal Mognett, Robert Brissette, Grace Ann Christian is Lois Corson, Kanab Beamer & Kanab Val are James and Valerie Bermant & Nataly Bistline.
- Individual actors: Bill Murphy, Ethan Dondlinger, Tez Lyons
- Insurrectionists: Stephen Corson (Grace Ann Christian profile shared with Lois) went to the Attack on the US Capitol with his brother Mark Corson. Before going to DC, Corson held weekly rallies at 89/89A: All Lives Matter, MAGA, Stop-the-Steal 2020 & Save America 2021. People advertised his rallies on KFRR, defended his actions and spread disinformation & divisiveness in the community. These people include: Jeff Schwilk & Tana Kou, Lois Corson, Crystal & Stephen Mognett, Nicholas Meyeres, Camille Johnson Taylor, Wendy Williams, Alica Cram, Deputy Colton Cram, Robert Brissette, James & Valerie Bermant (Kanab Beamer & Kanab Val), Harriet Perkins
These are the posted rules for Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave compared to application.
This is a small sample of what is allowed. See other blog posts for more evidence, the most comprehensive collection Bigotry LGBTQ+
Murdering liberal neighbors with back hoe & wood chipper was the end result of a well supported rant about liberal neighbors by violent Robert Brissette, now deceased, just before he covid-coughed on Black Lives Matter sign waivers shouting “I hate all Democrats”. Joining him in this back hoe plot is Trenity Gibbs, in-law of insurrectionist Sindi Vetere and co-owner/operator of Kanab Sinclair with spouse Calle “Shade Bliss” Cox of Shawna Cox, Bundy’s People’s Rights Network.
The above post was removed when a member reported it directly to Facebook for violating the violence guideline. The post below is an example of a post of bigotry which was removed by the admin Katie Lambson when a member reported concern directly to Lambson for LGBTQ+ bigotry.
Crystal Mognett is a Red Level Bundy PRN & Kanab Patriot. She is the mother-in-law to KPD Chief Cram’s son Hunter via her daughter Celeste Cram. Mognett continues to post hate on KFRR. Despite the post above being removed, this hateful response to a neighbor who shared on KFRR how she was insulted verbally by the All Lives Matter group at 89/89A based on her appearance, remained. This inconsistency emboldens & protects their bigotry, hate and bashing.
My advise to get posts removed begins with you not commenting on the post itself so that you do not get blocked from the group. Instead, screenshot it and then do whichever of the following you feel most comfortable:
- Report to FB, not to the admin (see section 1)
- Report to FB and to the admin
- Message admin the screenshot and ask them to review it (see example immediately following)
- Send me your screenshots, firstname.lastname@example.org, to contribute to the record
FB Pages: Kanab Patriots, Celeste Meyeres & Individuals (3 of 7)
Use this list to monitor, report, avoid/block and intervene with individual to help them. See Reforming Extremists on Hatewatch
|Individuals/Pages Doing the Radicalization & Incitement||Committed Followers supporting and/or being radicalized, engaging with multiple listed to the left.|
Kanab Patriots FB Page (formerly Kanab Conservative Activism)
Celeste Meyeres Political FB Pages
Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave https://www.facebook.com/groups/155844408196406
Individuals personal pages and/or posting in local groups or pages:
Louis Pratt, co-owner Kanab Liquor
Loie & Steve Corson (FB “Grace Ann Christian” J6er)
Vaelyn Mackelprang (St. George)
Jeff Schwilk, veteran & founder of Kanab Patriots & others
David Crosby, J6 Insurrection, former owner Kanab Farm & Home
Kenneth Guinn, veteran
Dave Miller, fake account to dox people
Camille Johnson Taylor, Kane County Office of Tourism
Clifford Henry Smart, Pastor in Fredonia
Vicky Huntington Hooper
Kanab FB Page “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Extremists for more details, plus how to report and what to look for below this box
**Some don’t live in the area, but post in area groups or have area followers
|See KURW post Meet Your Neighbors: Red Level for:|
Tom Cram Police Chief
Kanab Beamer is James Bermant
Kanab Val is Valerie Bermant
Grace Ann Christian is Lois Corson & Stephen Corson
Hatewatch, Orange Level (in progress)
James Wendell Head
How to recognize RADICALIZING by Individuals : Mackelprang, Schwilk, Cloughesy (4 of 7)
- pushes false narratives (voting fraud, election fraud, mask nonsense, anti-vax, Riots)
- shares conspiracy theories
- uses extremists rhetoric
- urges others to act without detailed plan. Examples:
- Mackelprang uses phrases “take it back” “time is now” “we can’t wait” and brushes off urgency with “I don’t know how or where to” when put on spot
- Kanab Patriots, formerly Kanab Conservative Activism, uses that same vague strategy “we must squash this insurgency” “now is the time to fight with everything we have”.
- Jeff Scwhilk: his fellow anti-immigrant activist reflects–“Every time Jeff Schwilk gets active, something happens and innocent people pay the price, either by arrests or lawsuits, and the only one who comes out clean, in every instance, is the founder and chief instigator, Jeff Schwilk. Jeff has the ability to schmooze people who, by nature, are peaceful to become angry and vindictive and to commit acts they normally would not even consider. All the time, Jeff hides in the background, watching and waiting with a big grin on his face, insulated from responsibility.” Full article: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-adios-to-the-san-diego-minutemen-2007apr09-story.html. See more about Jeff’s involvement in Kanab and Utah here Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise
Here’s an example of people (Kym & Phil Cloughesy) radicalizing extremists. They post conspiracy, violence, bigotry & disinformation on their personal pages https://www.facebook.com/kym.cloughesy and https://www.facebook.com/phil.cloughesy
See KURW post Meet Your Neighbors: Red Level for better details.
How to recognize those being RADICALIZED: Nataly Bistline & Cram Family (5 of 7)
- reacts supportively posts of extremist rhetoric, conspiracy theories, false narratives
- engages with several different individuals pushing extremism, you see the same follower following different people spewing the same rhetoric
- Regurgitates rhetoric with little but developing conviction
- Defensive of their leaders
Here is an example from Nataly Bistline of Fredonia. Of the 14 slides, her posts make up only only one slide and the remaining 13 are her “likes” https://www.facebook.com/natalykarl.bistline
Here’s an example of an entire family radicalized. They all work as public servants or public staff. Police Chief Tom Cram’ and family: KCSO Corrections Landon & Tiffany Cram, KCSO Deputy Colton Cram & Alicia Riggins Cram, Kanab City staff Hunter & Celeste Mognett Cram.
How to recognize EXTREMIST GROUPS (6 of 7)
” White supremacy groups are most likely to commit mass casualty attacks against civilians, the intelligence agencies said. “
“Militia-like organizations ,are more focused on targeting law enforcement and other government personnel and their facilities.” For example in Kanab: People’s Rights Bundy Recruits Kanab then his PRM Assaults Officer in Idaho. Kudos Kane County Office of Terrorism
“Lone offenders pose the most significant challenges to tracking and disrupting their plans, the report summary said. That’s because of their “capacity for independent radicalization to violence, ability to mobilize discretely, and access to firearms.” For example in Kanab: Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise
6% = 450 Kane County Far-Right
If you see local activity online please submit a tip with links and or screenshots to email@example.com and report to legal authorities
How to Report Extremism (7 of 7)
- Call 911 for immediate threats
- SLC FBI Field Office (801) 579-1400 https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/saltlakecity
- FBI tip line https://www.fbi.gov/tips
- Fusion Centers: Utah SIAC at Utah Department of Public Safety 801-965-3838 https://siac.utah.gov/
- Local law enforcement. Kanab Police Department (435) 644-5854 and Kane County Sheriff (435) 644-2349