(updated 03/10/21). Celeste is a red level neighbor , current Kanab City Council member and 2022 candidate for Kane County Commission. Celeste won re-election to city council in 2019. She owns Crickets Creations and is co-owner/operator of Burro Flats High Desert Lodge, with her husband Nicholas Meyeres. Celeste is from MT/OR/CA. Nicholas and his former partner, Sarah, moved to Kanab from IN/KS/CO/OH. Celeste & Nicholas worked at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary before opening Burro Flats in-home lodging in 2016.
Celeste uses FB pages Celeste Meyeres Utah Conservative and Celeste Meyeres Kanab City Council Member to post extremist rhetoric. They both support local FB extremist page “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Facebook Extremists and Ammon Bundy’s People’s Rights Network. The posts use fear, misinformation, false narratives and conspiracy theories.
As always, intervention is the goal, but BE MINDFUL of Utah Stalking Law which has been used by public officials in Kanab and granted by Judge Bagley in what appears to be for the purpose of silencing opposition, retaliation and/or preventing information from getting out. One of those injunctions was appealed to Utah Appeals Court and vacated stating insufficient evidence from lower court! It only takes two acts and for the judge to believe that a reasonable person in the same situation would feel fear or stress and that the person “acting” did so knowingly or should have known that their acts would cause fear for safety or emotional stress. The stalking injunctions are issued ex-parte (without hearing from the accused), in minutes and will then be costly for defense. Resources for intervention can be found here Reforming Extremists on Hatewatch
List View of Public Evidence
View of Role as City Council Member
The role of City Council Members, as documented from different screenshots in the slideshow below (nothing personal, nothing partisan, works for the city):
- works part-time for the city
- represent constituents only AFTER you’ve seen to the needs of the city as a whole
- vote in the best interest of the CITY
- represent many view points in the community and provide the Council with advice based on a FULL spectrum of concerns and perspectives
View of community
- being responsible for individual well-being and not putting community above personal interest is the American way
- “We are happy to have other like-minded people coming here, but:
- “Please no more move-in reaction” is understandable
- If you don’t love it here, be quiet and find somewhere more suitable
- Don’t try to change what we have with cancel culture
- “If you don’t like it here, go the fuck back to where you came from”
- The Republicans should stand against the woke left
- People wearing masks are advertising success of the leftist agenda
- Residents afraid of Covid should stay home and let the rest go on living their lives
After the release of KURW Hatewatch and the exposure of Kanab Patriots as an extremist page, Celeste celebrated the recognition from Kanab Patriots and dismisses her actions of bigotry as “tired old tropes…lack of compelling evidence”
Here’s the compelling evidence by category: Transphobia, Racism, Sexism, Classism, Bigotry of Democrats, Conspiracy Theories (George Floyd, Me Too, Capitol Insurrection, Covid) and false narratives (Covid, masks) and Anti-Government Extremist Rhetoric.
- the misunderstood, disadvantaged, exploited white man
- liberals are racist for consideration of voting equality/access by race
- opposes racial justice/equality teaching, focusing on one group
- denies systemic racism
- Promotes increasing bigotry when faced with racial equality (JP Sears & Cancel Culture slide. Red boxed slide is KURW fact check information)
Sexism & Classism
- red boxed posts are “fact checks” added by KURW and apply to the previous slide
- opposes programs for gender equality
- devaluing of men worse than systemic racism or misogyny (I am reminded of the equal rights for others doesn’t mean fewer rights for you, it is not pie)
- describes the Me Too Movement as a “tool” of emotional & political blackmail.
- Co-opts “my body my choice” for mask opposition
Bigotry of liberals
- welfare state, destroyer of families, buy female vote, criminal conspiracy to cover Biden
- stand against the “woke left”
- masks are symbols of Biden success
- manipulate emotions & political blackmail (Racial equality/”cancel culture & #MeToo )
- “just leave” “don’t come” reaction to opposing view
- Police brutality riots were Democratic agenda to deflect from a Biden gaffe (followed by corrections in red box)
- Me Too Movement & Racial Equality (“cancel culture) is leftist political blackmail
- LDS Secret combinations & placed Antifa thugs work to destroy USA and take freedoms with help of media & Romney (Crosby posted that from his attendance at the Capitol Insurrection)
- Public safety measures for Covid are strategy to overtake government and personal liberty.
False narratives (Covid, masks)
- State lacks authority to implement public safety measures (overreach & backdoor mandates) and encourages similar posts by others
- Local declarations supersede state orders
- Airline pandemic response targeted conservatives
- Fatalities & complications decrease when infection rates increase
- Increased mask wearing increases Covid cases
- Misinterpretation & representation of cases in Kane County
- Misrepresents suicide data and Covid deaths
- Public safety measures do not actually save lives
- Science is not settled for public safety measures and the data points equally toward effectiveness of no mask wearing and mask wearing
- Encourage businesses who defy public health guidelines
- Protests public safety restrictions & state of emergency
- Protest mask mandates at schools
- Public health mandates are just more government transgressions & violations of rights (red boxed post is fact check by KURW) equating to abusive home with a wife beaten
- Utah Government does not have the authority to advise, mandate or criminalize
- Mask wearing is the final straw of demands by government
- All measures by government during pandemic are not justified
- Capitol Insurrection: the day of, Celeste shared pride of Kanab’s Trump Cruise in October which was led by Steve Corson (who went to the J6 Capitol Insurrection) and Jeff Schwilk (founder of hate groups in California)
- Biden Presidency, what to do now? prepare to defend your family and provide for yourself because correction to government is no longer acceptable and the situation has risen to full scale revolution.
Why do the Meyeres support Kanab Patriots & Jeff Schwilk after the exposed demeaning posts about Celeste?
Jeff Schwilk & Tank Kou are/were the administrator(s) of FB Kanabians for Slow, Sensible Growth. As such, they :
- called Celeste “bitter, arrogant, and whiney sore winner…rogue & reckless”
- accused Celeste of dividing the community with constant public attacks on residents
- accused Celeste of taking “the silver” from Best Friends Animal Society (BFAS) for her vote, “selling out of our town” and “crooked votes & dirty deeds”
- accused Celeste of caving to BFAS bullies & betraying Kanab by voting against the Citizens
- ridiculed her re-election success as “40% rejected her and want her gone”
- advised Kanab voters to vote against Celeste for re-election (Oct 17, 2019 post)
Celeste & Nicholas still support Kanab Patriots (which branched from Kanabians for Slow Sensible Growth in reaction to local FB page Kanab Activism advertising Black Lives Matter events) and Nicholas with Jeff Schwilk.
The slideshow below shows new evidence of Jeff Schwilk & Tana Kou as Kanab Patriots (formerly Kanab Conservative Activism) FB page administrators in addition to the previous post “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Facebook Extremists
For corrections email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have never had a negative interaction with Celeste or Nicholas. When Nicholas worked at the kitchen of Best Friends, he was always helpful & pleasant when I had questions about vegan items. When he reached out to me over the attempted protest ban in October, he said nothing negative. The first time I met Celeste was the first time I attended a P&Z meeting and the first time I was out in public after being hit by a truck at the 89/89A intersection in 2017. She greeted me at the door, asked questions and gave advice. In 2019, when I requested that the City Council use an inclusive moment of silence instead of a specific deity invoked prayer, Celeste observed my request when it was her turn to lead that moment. I’ve appreciated her attention to detail of precise language and redundancy of ordinances.
Just like David Crosby, I had no idea of their extremist views & actions, inappropriate work behavior, or personal violent behavior before collecting information for KURW because they are all so friendly. It is painful to see how they really feel and learn of things they have done. I had hoped that any individual seeing the harm done by the FB page Kanab Patriots would have stopped engagement with that page. Maybe, when it was “others” in the community being harassed, it wasn’t enough given Celeste’s stated “individual over community” mantra. Now that the individual aspect applies will she stop encouraging such hate?
For corrections email email@example.com