(updated 11/23/2022) This post is a special request from a Kanab resident. That seemingly simple request resulted in 30 new additions to KURW Hatewatch and exposing one more Kanab Patriot’s participation in the Jan 6th Stop-the-Steal turn Insurrection in DC (see Insurrectionists from Kanab Area). Section 3 was added 11/23/2022 to show some people who opposed Trump in the 2016 primary but changed to support him in 2020 and even the attack on the US Capitol. This support includes US Veterans, Business Owners, and Kane County Law Enforcement.
This post includes two slideshows and one analysis:
- The posts. Each post has the names of the supporters identified as already on Hatewatch, new addition, or out of area with details.
- The people. The list of evidence for any area resident who liked the posts AND had evidence of extremism or bigotry publicly posted on Facebook. **Liking these opinion posts is not enough to warrant inclusion**
- Analysis: People who opposed Trump in the 2016 primaries and then supported Trump 2020 and even the insurrection.
1/3: THE POSTS: TRUMP IS THE BEST/GREATEST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY
2/3: THE PEOPLE Who Agree and Post/Encourage Extremism and/or Bigotry Publicly
Each person has their own slide and there are links to other posts when relevant.
3/3: ANALYSIS: No Trump 2016 to Yes Trump 2021
This analysis looks at the people who agreed that Trump was not to be selected in the 2016 primaries and if engaged locally & publicly in support of Trump in 2020-22. If people showed no change, “none” is marked in green after their name. Any red font includes topics they have engaged in since. Of special note are the ones who engaged in support of Trump following this opposition and include:
- Tara Ray: Supported a Trump 2020 post in addition to conspiracy (plandemic plus antifa to destroy country within, Kennedy JR), revived pedosexual/age fluid smear campaign of LGBTQ2SIA, and Black Lives Matter protest disinformation
- Matt Kelly, co-owner of Coral Hills Dentistry: Supported posts from J6er Sindi Vetere of her photos from the Insurrection.
- Morgan McCowan, US Veteran: Support of J6 Insurrection with post by Red Level Hatewatch Jim Baker severing GOP ties from the “feckless, spineless Republicans…gave country over…Game ON” January 7, 2021. Additionally, he joins others in calling Trump great after seeing what Biden has done.
- Marson Keller, US Veteran & retired Kane County Sheriff Deputy: Shows a change in opposition of Trump with his support of election fraud claims by Red Level Hatewatch Jim Baker writing “sham with predetermined outcome…in which every voter has been disenfranchised.” This was followed by “I trust Trump more than anyone else in DC” posted one day after the January 6th attack on the US Capitol by Red Level Hatewatch Denise Judd Mackelprang
To see more extremism and bigotry from Veterans, Business Owners & Law Enforcement of Kane County, see KURW posts:
- Kanab Veterans Bigotry/Extremism: Clifford Smart, Kenneth Guinn, Jeff Schwilk, James Head, Jim Torgerson, Dan Watson, Amos Lofing
- Kane County Sheriff’s Office: Dan Watson, Landon & Colton Cram, Russ Whitaker
- Kanab City Police Department: Chief Tom Cram & Officer Dustin Bundy
- KURW Business Directory of Extremism & Bigotry
For corrections/comments email firstname.lastname@example.org