(Updated 07/22/21) This is an updated post due to new evidence. The sections are as follows
- How to file a complaint
- Chief Cram’s support of David Crosby for Jan 6th Stop-the-Steal at the DC Capitol
- Chief Cram’s public social media encouragement of extremism & bigotry
- My personal experience with KPD and Kanab Mayor Houston
- Officer Dustin Bundy’s bigotry
My experience with Kanab Police Chief Tom Cram has been of a “Jekyll and Hyde” nature. On social media, Kanab City Chief of Police Tom Cram, comments that peaceful protesters should be exiled and lose their freedom, gives atta boy MAGA to a Kanab businessman at the Capitol Insurrection, and likes multiple posts of hatred of democrats and blaming victims of brutality landing him on KURW Hatewatch. In person, Chief Cram voices neutrality, support of the actions for police reform, and concern for protester safety (see my detailed interaction with Cram and the Mayor following the images below).
This split is representative of Kanab, Kane County, in general where the left nominated the most left 2020 presidential candidate and the right the most right. Bernie Sanders was the chosen nominee for Kane County in the 2016 Democratic Primary (see S.U.N. article) Former President DJ Trump won 71% of votes caste in Kane County with an 85% turnout. This means that 1,947 registered voters in Kane County did not vote for Trump (2,998 for Trump of the 4,972 registered) and 1,207 of those 1,947 cast their votes against Trump. The Chief of Police represents those 1947 people, too.
The question to the Mayor, City Manager and residents of Kane County is “Can/does the Chief of Police protect and serve ALL residents when he displays such bigotry of democrats, non-Trumpers and lawful activists, including that they are Anti-American and should leave America?”
To file a law enforcement complaint:
- File official complaint with POST (UT Dept of Safety, Peace Officers Standards & Training)
- Do everything in writing, locally, even their response
- For complaints of Police Chiefs, submit to your city manager and city mayor
- For complaints of police officers, submit to your city police chief
- For complaints of Sheriff, re-elect
- For complaints of staff at county Sheriff department, submit to Sheriff
- Share your story with OpenPolice.org
For Kane County those contacts are as follows
Mayor Houston: email@example.com City Manager Joe Decker: firstname.lastname@example.org Kanab City Police Chief Tom Cram email@example.com Kane County Sheriff Tracy Glover firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Tom Cram’s Support of Insurrection
Chief Cram responds “Good for you David! MAGA!” to David Crosby’s January 5th from Stop-the-Steal at DC. Dave Crosby was one of five area residents and friends to post publicly their attendance at the January 6th Insurrection. One participant is now running for mayor along with several other extremists & bigots. See KURW post Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise for all local participants including: David Crosby, Stephen & Mark Corson a friend of Tana Kou’s and the most recent discovery who is running for office, Sindi Vetere, Meet the Candidates: Kanab Mayor & City Council 2021.
Chief Tom Cram’s Encouragement of Extremism and Bigotry
In the images below, relevant content from social media public posts are marked in red outline or arrows. My opinion of the meaning/impact of the action is highlighted in yellow. Factual county data has a pink background from Kane County Clerk records. LINKS do not work in this format so are provided below this slideshow section.
Links in images from the above slideshow
- Landon Cram: Kane County Sheriff’s Office: Dan Watson, Landon & Colton Cram, Russ Whitaker
- Kimberly Blake: Kim & Terry Blake, Desiree Felish, Alicia Cram, Casey Daley & Mason Fox
- Dan Watson: Kane County Sheriff’s Office: Dan Watson, Landon & Colton Cram, Russ Whitaker
- Louis Pratt: co-owner of Kanab Package Liquor and featured in Kanab Kanasshole Disgust and Louis Pratt
- Linda Millet: Bigotry LGBTQ+ (Part 1 of 3)
- Bob Riding, veteran, see KURW post Trump: The Best President Ever
- Celeste Brianne Cram, daughter-in-law via Hunter Cram
My Personal Interaction with KPD & Mayor
I had many interactions with law enforcement and city officials throughout the social justice activities in Kanab from June 1, 2020 through November 2020. These are the topics by individual in list form, followed by detailed paragraphs for each:
- Chief Cram: protest dates and guidelines, his Kaepernick comment, police reform and Kanab, officer complaint, Robert Brissette assault on protesters, unlawful joint release for sidewalk protesting, failure of officer to respond to call to dispatch. The interactions were professional, considerate, and handled in a satisfactory manner.
- Mayor Houston: complaint of Cram’s Kaepernick post, 1A and public figures, Thin Blue Line on Cram’s uniform, white supremacy in Kanab, changing demographics of Kanab, considering those who do not speak up. Mayor Houston responded that they were working with a California group for social media etiquette, was shocked to hear there are white supremacists in Kanab, claimed to not know what the blue line flag was and expressed understanding of speaking up for those who will not after he first replied “why am I only hearing this from you?”
- Sheriff Glover: failure to dispatch call to Kanab City Police in response to threat of personal safety. He was persistent in getting in touch with me and following up.
- Lt.Alan Alldredge: failure to dispatch officers for 2 of 2 calls placed (one 911 and one non-emergency), changing demographics of Kane County, unlawful joint release for sidewalk protest ban by Kane County Attorney, Chief Cram and Sheriff Glover. He explained that the first failure was a glitch in dispatch and had been addressed, the second failure was Kanab PD and Glover was meeting with Cram to discuss and fix. He was unaware of the Joint Press Release for the erroneous “protest ban on sidewalk”, so he took copies of it and said he would talk to Glover & deputies so they did not act on it.
- KPD officers Raddatz, Brinkerhoff, Coleman, Smith and Bundy: Every interaction that I had with most of these officers was professional, considerate and personable, except for ONE…
Officer Dustin Bundy
- When he responded to my place of work over a threatening situation, he quickly blamed Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (BFAS) and the “type of people” they bring for creating rising hostility. There was no mention of BFAS or no affiliation with BFAS. I complained to Chief Cram how inappropriate it was, that I was distressed and he added to my stress for no reason or context.
- his social media posts towing the “move back to where you came from” line.
- his support of the George Floyd Conspiracy Theory: Biden gaff—Floyd murdered—riots all for global takeover. Part of the leftist agenda like MeToo and cancel culture weapons to shame and blackmail. This was posted by City Council: Celeste Meyeres and he “liked” it.
The starred names in Bundy’s evidence have been featured in other posts:
- Desiree Felish (school employee, LEO wife & business owner). iRepair: Desiree & Jeremy Felish
- Colton Cram Kane County Sheriff’s Office: Dan Watson, Landon & Colton Cram, Russ Whitaker
- Natalie Bistline Bigotry LGBTQ+
- Louis Pratt (co-owner Kanab Liquor, retired county employee, most prolific bigot with Chief Cram as a big fan)
- Celeste Meyeres: City Council: Celeste Meyeres
- Nicholas Meyeres: Lodging 2: Burro Flats High Desert Lodge, Nicholas & Celeste Meyeres
- Kenneth Guinn: 13 Kanab Veterans post 1: Clifford Smart, Kenneth Guinn, Jeff Schwilk, James Head, Jim Torgerson, Dan Watson, Amos Lofing
- Grace Ann Christian (Loie & Steve Corson): Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise
- Dave Ferguson: Bigotry LGBTQ+
For corrections, email email@example.com