(Updated 01/08/2022). Every effort should be made to expel bigots and extremists from law enforcement. In the March 13, 2021 episode of PBS Newshour, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin discussed his focus of exposing extremism in the military because the actions of a few can have such extensive affects on the greater population (around minute 14 ) .
Likewise, the same should be done in law enforcement especially given that
- 2006: the FBI alerted us to the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists in the 2006 bulletin.
- 2016: Terrace Cunningham, the head of the International Association of Police Chiefs (IAPC), “While we obviously cannot change the past, it is clear that we must change the future. For our part, the first step is for law enforcement and the IACP to acknowledge and apologize for the actions of the past and the role that our profession has played in society’s historical mistreatment of communities of color.” (Full speech and interview)
- 2017: the FBI Joint Intelligence Bulletin, White Supremacist Extremism Poses Persistent Threat of Lethal violence reported that the white supremacist and anti-government militia groups the domestic terrorism agents investigate often have “active links” to law enforcement
- 2020: article “Hidden in Plain Sight: Racism, White Supremacy and Far-right Militancy in Law Enforcement,” Michael German explains “While it is widely acknowledged that racist officers subsist within police departments around the country, federal, state, and local governments are doing far too little to proactively identify them, report their behavior to prosecutors who might unwittingly rely on their testimony in criminal cases, or protect the diverse communities they are sworn to serve.”
However, in 2020 when the Salt Lake Tribune published a Bagley Cartoon depicting the long-known problem, the Utah Sheriffs’ Association revealed their denial and misunderstanding in the September 2, 2020 press release below.
KCSO reaction to Bagley cartoon posted on their FB page
Given KCSO response to exposure and the response “wait, you think there are white supremacists in Kanab?”, by Mayor Houston, I hope, but don’t expect, local officials will “take the first step” as described by Terrance Cunningham, IAPC, above.
Some Kanab residents get it and one asks
“What are we to think about the Sheriff’s Office when they turn a blind eye to this?”
October 2021, PBS Frontline “Shots Fired” series examines the record number of police shootings in Utah, use of force & training.
TRACY GLOVER KCSO Sheriff
Evidence of extremism/bigotry from Sheriff Glover include dismissal of exposed white supremacy problem in law enforcement, issuing erroneous protest ban on sidewalks 2020, praising Back the Blue FB frames June 2020, stating “divinely inspired Constitution”, and advocating for 2A Sanctuary status 2021. A 2A Ordinance for Kane County was pushed by local extremist groups Kanab Patriots (by Jeff Schwilk, veteran & founder of CA hate groups San Diegans for Secure Borders & leader San Diego Minutemen) & Kane County Gun Rights. ***no indication that Sheriff Glover was influenced by these groups**
Context for the slideshow of evidence above: Sheriff Glover explained the delay in 2A action 2021 due to his travel schedule working with organizations addressing this nationwide problem: Western States Sheriffs’ Association (worked on Amicus Brief against New York’s Gun Control for off-property possession) , National Sheriffs’ Association & Utah Sheriffs’ Association (helped draft the 06/2021 release) October 2021. Public comments were made by Shawna Cox (Bundy’s People’s Rights Movement Representative, Malheur National Wildlife takeover, mother of Sindi Brown Vetere who went to DC Insurrection then ran for Mayor), Lois & Steve Corson (89/89A Rallies, Kanab Patriot at DC Insurrection, Patriot Prayer & III% flag on float in July 4th Parade), Colleen Houston (protested Sheriff Glover’s “illegal arrest” of Shawn Cox 2021, Kanab’s Committee of Safety with Corson, Cox & Vetere).
In regards to Back the Blue. PBS Frontline “Shots Fired” series examines the record number of police shootings in Utah, use of force & training. Rural Utah was not isolated from activism and the reaction to marches for George Floyd and Police Reform was Back the Blue counter protests (Kanab 06/2021), Back the Blue yard signs, Back the Blue FB frames & posts and Back the Blue displays at businesses.
ALAN ALLDREDGE KCSO Lieutenant
Lt. Alldredge owns Big Al’s Burgers at The Junction and serves on the Covid Task Force. The jail had an outbreak and at Big Al’s his wife, Rinda Alldredge, publicly opposes masks and that Big Al’s does not follow state mandates or local health ordinances. Rinda and son Russell were exposed in this previous post.
DAN WATSON KCSO Jail Commander
Dan is a US Veteran and listed as the Jail Commander for Kane County Sheriff’s Office. Dan’s partner Lorna Watson, works at Kanab Police Department. He was featured in the January 14, 2020 Left Coast Right Watch (LCRW) article “Racist Utah Cop Has Long History of Teaching Alphabet Agencies” which details his history of public racist comments and the negligence of his fellow officers to let it go “unnoticed”.
In addition to posts exposed by LCRW, the slideshow below exposes Dan’s posts in the local FB group & platform for hate, Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave which he uses to espouse his bigotry and demean/ridicule those supporting social justice & police reform.
- Diminishes Social Justice Organizations as “Anti anything white”
- Don’t blame whites for sins of all slavery, Africans mainly and freed black slaves
- BLM promotes the very thing killing blacks, Democrats
- Ridicules peaceful protesters, voices of support and voices of MAGA opposition
- Proud Boys not a hate organization a “fed up with this shit” org.
- posts of bigotry on social media following the murder of George Floyd
COLE BROWN KCSO Deputy
MARSON KELLER KCSO Deputy, Retired
LANDON CRAM KCSO Corrections Officer
Landon Cram works as a correction officer with KCSO in Kanab. His family all work in public positions, either in law enforcement or with the city and have businesses. Landon’s evidence follows, to see his family’s evidence read Kane County Commissioner Calls Kanab Patriots a Hate Group, But They Are Not the Fringe
Landon’s extremist rhetoric includes: false narrative and dichotomies to sabotage social justice & police reform efforts, white racism, Stop-the-Steal, conspiracy theories about Biden/Harris, and Trumpism. They both supports FB Extremists “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Facebook Extremists, Covid/public health misinformation, and Landon fuels rhetoric by others on KURW Hatewatch on local FB group Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave platforming hate.
COLTON CRAM KCSO Deputy
Colton Cram is a deputy with Kane County Sheriff’s Office. His wife Alicia works for Kanab Schools & owns Alicia Cram Photography. They, as many other area public figures, support Kanab Patriots. Read more at Kane County Commissioner Calls Kanab Patriots a Hate Group, But They Are Not the Fringe.
The first 6 slides display evidence from Alicia and the last 5 from Colton.
Colton’s activity includes bigotry of liberals, bigotry of move-ins with opposing views, supporting false narratives regarding Black Lives Matter protests, dismissing racial equality efforts as cancel culture, amusement at racial slurs, and supporting Trumpism rhetoric. Alicia Cram posts and supports bigotry from two FB profiles: Alicia Cram and Alicia Brianne Cram. She is very active with Kanab Patriots FB Extremist Page and Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave, while Colton has only reacted to one KP post.
RUSS WHITAKER KCSAR Volunteer
Russ Whitaker volunteers with the Kane County Sheriff Office Search & Rescue. He and his partner, Sandy Rosdahl expose their bigotry and extremist rhetoric as supporters of local FB Page “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Facebook Extremists and through local platform for hate Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave.
- support 2021 Save America rallies by viral Covid-cougher Brissette 2021: Arrested. Violent Threats, AGAIN. and Steve Corson of Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise
- promoting the “just leave” line
- supporting campaign to sabotage social justice reform
- disparaging racial equality efforts
- promoting racism against whites
- supporting efforts to target, harass & intimidate local Black Lives Matter Supporters
- supporting false dichotomy that social justice demonstrators are “anti-American” who brought problems to Kanab and that counter protesters are “Patriots”
- promoting violence & police brutality
- encouraging posts by hate-group founder Jeff Schwilk
- encouraging bigotry by Louis Pratt Kanab’s most prolific SM bigot
- encouraging Stop-the-Steal rallies by Steve Corson who went to the Jan 6th Insurrection Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise
- support false narratives and conspiracy theories for cause/blame of the Capitol Insurrection and false dichotomies in effort to minimize the significance of this attack on democracy itself
- promoting continued national division by ridiculing efforts for “unity”
- supporting anti-government extremist group founder and criminal Ammon Bundy and recruitment & training for his People’s Rights Movement in Kanab.
If you have information about other law enforcement personnel, please email email@example.com. As well for corrections to this post.