On personal FB pages, Kanab Patriots/Kanab Conservative Activism, Kanab/Fredonia Rant & Rave, Kanab Unclassified, Utah Patriots, Armed Forces Tea Party Kanab area residents post calls to fight neighbors, the US Government, Social Justice demonstrators nationwide and some veterans state that they would not fight for this country again but that they WOULD fight to protect their families from what this country has become.
Their posts are categorized by topic and date range following the list of names and the supporters or as a Google Presentation at the end of this post.
The list of names are categorized by potential to influence. The names with a link have specific posts of their evidence, those without can be seen on KURW Hatewatch but have no posts of their evidence, yet.
Remember, if you can intervene please do so. Here are some options:
- If you see an imminent threat call 911
- If you see plans for violence notify FBI, details in this post Capitol Arrests: 3 from Utah, 1 from St. George. $100,000 reward for information on pipe bombs and how to help FBI.
- If you know the person, some guidance Reforming Extremists on Hatewatch.
- Keep in mind Utah Stalking Law. Help without stalking (two or more contacts) and beware of retaliation by the angered individual who can easily abuse the civil stalking injunction. This has already happened in Kanab.
- Screenshot and report posts to FB. If repeated, call law enforcement You Can EASILY Help Reduce Bigotry & Extremism in Kanab
Who Posts Calls to Fight and Who Supports?
- People who post or support these current calls to fight and have considerate potential to radicalize by the frequency of posts, number of followers, number of different platforms used and/or position in the community:
- Vaelyn Sawyer Mackelprang of St. George, UT
- David Crosby owner of Kanab Farm and Home and one of the Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise
- **Jeff Schwilk (veteran, CA hate group founder) & **Tana “Ly” Kou of Kanab via Kanab Patriots FB page
- Vicki Huntington Hooper of Kanab, UT retired from Kane County Office of Tourism
- Camille Johnson Taylor, Kane County Office of Tourism of Kanab, UT (and Carl Taylor)
- Loie & Steve Corson (FB name Grace Ann Christian) of Glendale, UT
- Celeste Meyeres, Kanab City Council and owner of Burro Flats & Crickets Creations
- Clifford Henry Smart (veteran & pastor) of Fredonia, AZ
- People who posted the current calls to fight and have less potential to radicalize because they lack followers and/or do not use multiple platforms
- Jim Torgerson (veteran) of Fredonia, AZ
- Anisa Kaiser & Kris Kaiser of Fredonia, AZ
- Bonnie Bundy Backus of Kanab, UT
- Louis Pratt of Kanab, UT retired from Kane County GIS/Transportation
- Kelly Demello of Kanab, UT
- Gay Judd Brinkerhoff of Cedar City, UT
- Geoffrey Broadbent of Kanab, UT at Violence at Their Core: Geoffrey Broadbent, Jeff Schwilk, Coby Glover, Robert Brissette & Hunter Cram
- People who supported the current calls to fight who are often followers of multiple extremists with various attempts on other people’s pages or in local groups.
- Ellen Lamb, owner of Bryce-Zion Campground
- Nataly & Brittany Bistline of Fredonia, AZ
- Sandy Rosdahl & Russ Whitaker of Kanab, UT
- Judy Woolley of Kanab, UT (Candidate for City Council, 2021)
- Kenneth Guinn (veteran) of Kanab, UT
- Christopher & Casey Franklin of Kanab, UT (w/d Candidate for Mayor, 2021)
- Steve White of Kanab, UT
- Steven Kvamme owner of Clucking it Up Farms of Glendale, UT
- Bobbi & Jeff Lewis owners of Kanab Laundromat & Car Wash
- Desiree Felish Kanab public school employee & owner of iRepair of Kanab, UT
- Dave Miller (on Hatewatch but either doesn’t live in area or is not registered to vote, suspected fake account. Doxxed Bart Battista for City Council 2019)
- Dave Ferguson of Kanab, UT, admin Kanab Preparedness Group
- Dave Owens of Kanab, UT (KCH EMT Instructor)
- David Olson of Kanab, UT, veteran
- Steve Sanders
- Susan Bunting Erickson of Kanab, UT
- Jon Farr (on Hatewatch but either doesn’t live in area or is not registered to vote)
- Crystal Mognett of Fredonia, AZ
- Brenda Button of Kanab, UT
- Danny Glover of Kanab, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Coby Glover of Kanab, UT at Violence at Their Core: Geoffrey Broadbent, Jeff Schwilk, Coby Glover, Robert Brissette & Hunter Cram
- Celeste Brianne Cram of Kanab, UT (spouse Hunter Cram, KPD Chief Cram’s son, daughter of Crystal Mognett)
- Gwen &, Chief of Police Tom Cram of Kanab, UT at Kanab City Police Chief, bigotry on display and how to file a complaint
- Alicia Cram , spouse of Kane County Sheriff’s Deputy Colton Cram (son of KPD Chief Tom Cram) Kanab public school employee and owner of Photography by Alicia Cram of Kanab, UT. See Kanab School Staff feature post Kim & Terry Blake, Desiree Felish, Alicia Cram, Casey Daley & Mason Fox
- Nolyne Anderson of Fredonia, AZ
- Trenity Gibbs of Fredonia, AZ
- Sarah Jane Lofing owner of The Shabby Iris Cottage Cakery of Kanab, UT
- James Knowles of Washington, UT
- James & Valerie Bermant (Kanab Beamer & Kanab Val) of Kanab, UT
- Jim Rollyson of Glendale, AZ
- Rinda & Russell Alldredge of Kanab, UT at Big Al’s Burgers at the Junction: Rinda & Russell Alldredge
- Wade Heaton, Kane County Commissioner, Duck Creek, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Hal Johnson, Kane County Commissioner, Kanab, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Robert Van Dyke, Kane County Attorney of Kanab, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Robert Brissette of Kanab, UT at Brissette 2021: Arrested. Violent Threats, AGAIN.
- Brenda Goodnow of Glendale, UT
- Joy Skroblus Downen of Kanab, UT
- Jayme Lyn Church of Kanab, UT
- TJ & Kamie Houston of Kanab, UT
- Kim England owner of Kanab Villa
- Dan Watson of Kanab, UT at Kane County Sheriff’s Office: Dan Watson, Landon & Colton Cram, Russ Whitaker
- Jennifer Aiken of Kanab, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Calleen Ramsay owner of Ciao Bella Brows in Kanab, UT
- Shayne VanAusdal of Kanab, UT
- Ethan Archbold of Kanab, UT
- Britney, Chrissy & William Kim Judd of Fredonia, AZ (not on Hatewatch)
- Tulsi Esplin of Cedar City
- Phil & Kym Cloughesy, retired law enforcement CA, moved from Kanab when resigned from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary over Black Lives Matter company support. See also Violence at Their Core: Geoffrey Broadbent, Jeff Schwilk, Coby Glover, Robert Brissette, Hunter Cram & Kym/Phil Cloughesy
- Sandra Chadwick of Tuscon, AZ
- Shelly Veal Wayne of Kanab, UT
- Vanessa Dayle Rae Waggoner (Vanessa Robertson) moved from Kanab, UT
- Ken Gotzenberg of Kanab, UT retired from Kane County Office of Tourism
- Michelle Tait Jones & Brandi Kuhl of Kanab, UT
- Kimberly Ford Blake, Kane County School District of Kanab, UT
- Carol Kershaw of Kanab, UT , spouse of City Council Member & veteran Byard Kershaw.
- Rosalie Coleman of Kanab, UT. Owner Sinclair Fuel Station & mother of KPD Officer Darrin Coleman
- Don & Teresa Sprecher of Kanab, UT
- Jeff Hines of Kanab, UT
- Donelle Bailey of Kanab Utah (mother-in-law of KPD Officer Dustin Bundy)
- Susan Michelle South of Kanab, UT
- Debra Bush of Kanab, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Marilyn Kurtz of Kanab, UT (not on Hatewatch)
- Clayton Cox
- Chris Paul of Kanab, UT
- Adam Rogers of Kanab, UT
Current Calls to Fight
The evidence for 2021 Calls to Fight is separated into Post-Insurrection (Feb-current) and Circa-Insurrection (Dec 20 – Jan 31), followed by 2020 topics.
Post-Insurrection Calls to Fight (Feb 01 – May 30, 2021)
Reasons for Calls to Fight after the insurrection include election fraud/illegitimate president, continued social justice protesters, Antifa, socialism, racial equality efforts (training, teaching, “canceling”), loss of freedom, self-protection, public health guidelines & mandates and LDS religious calling. Special groups or rallies include Ammon Bundy’s People’s Rights Militia, Worldwide Freedom Day and Save America Kanab Rallies.
Circa-Insurrection Calls to Fight (Dec 20 – Jan 31, 2021)
For more about area residents’ involvement at J6 Capitol Insurrection see previous post Kanab “Patriots” at the Capitol Insurrection and Local Law Enforcement Praise.
The day after the Insurrection, Vaelyn Mackelprang posted to “Step up and TAKE IT BACK, starting with our schools” and 38 people responded in support including:
- Fredonia: Nataly Bistline, Crystal Mognett, LaVal Sawyer, Nolyne Anderson, Denise Judd Mackelprang, Anisa Kaiser, Daisy Jean Ballard Johnson, Jennifer Black, Denise Judd Mackelprang,
- Kanab: Brenda Button, Polly Leach White, Susanna Hunt Fitting, Jon Farr, Angela DeMille, Earlene “Sugar” Mutchie, Tammie Smith,
- Glendale/Orderville Area: Ellen Lamb owner of Bryce-Zion Campground, Casey & Christopher Franklin
- StG/Hurricane Area: Albert Sivils, James Knowles, Celeste Johnson, Mary Beth Lowder Price (Operating Room IMRHospital), Chris Mendez, Danielle Memmott Stephenson, Bryant Christensen, Jeff & Laurie Knowles of Cedar City, Andy & Tabitha Carman, Kynlee Iverson Mitchell, Robert Evans, Dustin Mackelprang
- Not in Area: Leann Johnson, Kansas; Peggy Evans, Prescott AZ; Shane & Ronda Lowder, Medford OR; Kelly King, Cortez CO/SLC; Brandi Bundy, Kingman AZ; “N”ile Richard Sawyer, West Jordan UT; Naomi Kraemer, Flagstaff AZ; Roxanna Simpson, Alpine AZ; Michelle Tait Jones, OR (Kuhl);
2020: Calls to Fight Your Neighbor
For more about area residents behind local extremist pages see previous post “Kanab Patriots” Recruits and Radicalizes Facebook Extremists. Kanab Patriots was Kanab Conservative Activism (June 2020 – March 2021) which branched from Kanabians for Slow, Sensible Growth managed by hate-group founder Jeff Schwilk and partner Tana Kou now of Kanab, UT, previously of CA.
The main reasons for fighting your neighbors were that they support/ed: Black Lives Matter, mask mandates, Antifa or gun control.
2020: Calls to Fight Public Health Guidelines
March 19, 2021, the Kane County Commission issued an early end to the Utah State mask Mandate still in force until April 10, 2021 (see final three slides). This defiance was present throughout 2020 and promoted by other public officials including Celeste Meyeres of Kanab City Council and Camille Taylor of Kane County Office of Tourism. There were protests of the state of emergency and protests at Kanab schools promoted by Celeste & Nicholas Meyeres and Kanab Patriots.
See 09/08/2021 Post New DHS Bulletin: Threat to USA by Anti-Vax, Anti-Mask Extremists (Part 1)
County officials responsible: Robert Van Dyke, KC Attorney; Andy Gant, KC Commission Chair; Wade Heaton & Brent Chamberlain, KC Commissioners. Also see those present on slide 8 at end of executive order and the Covid-Task Force list on final slide. Their contribution in support or in opposition is unknown.